Friday, 29 February 2008

I know the tradition is for WIP (Work In Progress) Fridays, but I've actually finished a couple of things this week. First is the baby cardigan:



The pattern is Daisy by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I didn't do the hood and I've left it plain. It still needs some buttons but I'll get those at some point. I used Sirdar Baby Bamboo in Willow, about 2 1/2 balls.

I absolutely loved working with the bamboo (well, 80% bamboo, 20% wool). It was so soft (I kept putting the knitting down to stroke it) and has a lovely sheen to it. It drapes nicely too and the stitches came out so evenly. I have another 2 1/2 balls left over (one ball in off-white, the others are the green) and I'm planning to make a hat, and probably some other bits as well.

The other thing I've finished this week was a winter hat I was making from Petulant Feminine. No photo because it turned out too big and I don't like it much. Not sure whether to frog it and try again, or just leave it for now. I'll probably end up leaving it because it's getting a bit late in the year for winter hats anyway.

I should be careful saying things like that, it'll snow tomorrow now. Eh.

Oh, and my actual work in progress is now the Lucky Clover Wrap from Stitch'n'Bitch Nation. I only did two rows last night, though, because after I'd cast on 119 stitches with 4-ply cotton on 2.5mm needles, it's then 1x1 rib, which I already know I hate. But I hate it MORE in 4-ply cotton on 2.5mm needles. Only two more rows to go though before I can start the clover pattern instead, on 3mm needles!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, well done! It's darling. Do you still want me to look for buttons in the states? I will be perusing haberdashery myself anyway....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have a look in Bedford on Wednesday. But if I can't find any cute green ones, I will let you know. Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete