Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Me old bamboo

After some trials and tribulations that I won't go into here, I finally have all my baby bamboo wool. It's 80% bamboo and 20% wool, and it's lovely.



No I don't know how they make bamboo into knitting wool, but it's ever so soft, and machine-washable! It's going to become a tiny cardigan and hopefully also a hat, but I haven't chosen a specific pattern yet.

And I can't get started on that before I finish my crochet blanket for Chris and Nicola. That is very nearly done and I hope I can get it done by the end of the week. A round and a half to go, which I think is about 3 hours work, although the last round looks quite fiddly so it might take longer.

Also, I want to make a hat (maybe something like this one) for this winter, so I should do that soon. And I want my wrap cardigan for this spring and that isn't started yet either, and apparently that pattern takes a looong time. So I should probably put off the baby knitting, considering it won't be needed for months.

But the bamboo is so lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment