Thursday, 29 May 2008

The sun has got his hat on!

Does anyone else feel that they get more done on sunny days? It certainly means I take more pictures!

Here's one of the nappy stacker. I finished it the other day. This was quite fun to make, because I just looked at some pictures and made it up as I went along.



The top was made out of a coathanger - one of those skirt ones with springs in it. I hate using them, because I'm always afraid they're going to stretch the waistband. So I put this one to good use by prying out the springy bits (which, as you remove them, travel across the room with some force if you're not careful), then wrapping the remaining bar with polyester wadding and covering it in the yellow fabric. The main body of the thing was just a big cuboid, with a bound opening down the front (and how I wish I could have found some orange bias-binding. Using ribbon is a pain). At the top the sides were pulled in to make the sides triangular. If that makes any sense. If anyone wants to make one, I'm more than happy to draw up some diagrams!

After I'd made it, I found that (of course) the bottom wouldn't lie flat. So I found an appropriately sized piece of cardboard and covered it with more of the yellow. That just sits inside the bottom of the stacker and holds the bottom flat and the corners out.

On a different topic, some of you may remember that on my old blog, I once tried to post every day for a month. I can't remember how far I got, but I do remember that the big problem I found was that I had to remember to do it every day (unlike with NaNoWriMo, which I completed, because I could do more in advance if I knew I was going to be busy, or catch up later if I missed a day). Now Blogger has a new feature where you can write posts in advance and it posts them automatically for you on the date you want. So I'm going to give it another go, and try and post every day in June. I'll try and work two or three days in advance, and then I don't think I'll have any problems keeping up. I know, I know - famous last words!

3 comments:

  1. I think you got to the last few days last time! Will look forward to reading about all the things you are making xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I think the nursery will be utterly lovely with those warm yellows and oranges...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susie! One of the main reasons I'm so keen on making things for the nursery is that all the things available in the shop seem to be either pink, blue or beige. And I want nice bright, cheerful colours.

    ReplyDelete