Although first, a quick lesson on why you should read the manual - I just this week found out, nearly two years after buying my digital camera, that it has a special focus setting for taking close-ups. I'm not a fantastic photographer but at least I should now be able to get everything in proper focus. It would help if this house let in any natural light whatsoever, though.
Anyway. These are what I'm working on at the moment.
This is as far as I've got with the birth sampler for Bob. I started with the tigers because they're in the middle, I think after I've finished their box I'll work upwards and do the giraffes and then the panda. I might need to rejig the borders a bit because I might want to make the bottom box bigger, to fit in a middle name as well. Need to do some measuring.
Like everyone else, I'm making a Baby Surprise Jacket - Mum had the book with the pattern in it so I thought I would give it a go. I'm finding the pattern very frustrating though. The design is very clever, but if it were written out a bit more clearly, I wouldn't have had to rip out nearly as many lines as I've knit. There's a lot of vagueness and ambiguity in the directions.
And finally, Bob's blanket. This is going really well so far, about a third done. I'm blocking and sewing together the squares as I go, because I think doing them all at once would bore me to tears, and also this way I can see the blanket grow as I go along. It's a bit lumpy at the moment but once it's finished I'll block it again and then hopefully the seams will all lie flat.
Have a nice bank holiday weekend everybody!