Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Baby Surprise

I finished the knitting on my Baby Surprise Jacket!

Doesn't it look great?



OK, it looks like a blob. But if you fold it up on one side:



And on the other:



Ta da!

I just need to sew up the shoulder seams and add some buttons. And then put it away for a while, because it turned out the size for a larger baby rather than a smaller one, but that's OK. Babies grow, so I'm reliably informed.

For anyone else who wants to knit this, I'd really recommend printing out Dawn Adcock's notes on the pattern. I found them very useful, because as I said before, the instructions in the original pattern are pretty vague and a bit ambiguous in places. I'm not sure I'd make this again; I've got the hang of the pattern now, but the big blocks of garter stitch were a bit repetitive for me. I want to knit something a bit more fiddly and lacy now, which is just as well, because I've got plenty of hexagon blocks for the lacy blanket to be getting on with!

1 comment:

  1. It's very clever isn't it? I don't think I will attempt an adult one, I think it would be a lot of work and a lot of stitches at one time xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete