Even though I'm writing this on Wednesday, it's time for an update on my works in progress, I think. I'm starting to realise that I don't actually have a lot of time to get things finished before the baby is here (in 12 weeks-ish) so I need to crack on, really. Because of that I've put the sampler to one side for now - I won't be able to finish that until after Bob's born anyway, so no rush to get it done now. I've got the blanket out again instead because I do want that to be ready.
I've just checked on my diagram and to complete the blanket I need 25 full hexagons, 6 half hexagons and 6 edge triangles. Then they need to be blocked, sewn together, and have the edging knit on. So far I've done 10 1/2 hexagons, 1 half hexagon and 2 triangles. They are all blocked and sewn together (except the half full-hexagon). So I've still got quite a bit to do, then. I am enjoying working on it and now that it's in premium crafting position (spread all over the sofa) I should be able to get it done in time. I hope.
The sampler is put to one side, as I said. I did complete the giraffes though and the letters above them. I might pick it up and work on it every now and again, so that only the name/date/weight are left to do. But it is at the bottom of the queue at the moment.
And in the middle of the queue is the cushion cover. I haven't started it yet (ahem) and I won't until I've made a bit more headway on the blanket. I might do the sewing bit first though so that I can put the sewing machine away, it's become a permanent fixture on the dining room table and that isn't where it's supposed to live.
And it goes without saying that I'm not planning on starting anything new! =) I'm not sure what else I want to make really. Although now I've started being strict with myself, I'm sure I'll think of a hundred things.