Saturday, 7 June 2008

Meme time!

I've seen this one on several blogs recently, including Knitting Kninja and Domesticali (and others that I can't remember), so I thought I would have a go. It keeps me out of trouble.

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago this June I was 16 years old and in the middle of my GCSEs. So I would have been revising and taking exams in the school hall. That summer I went on holiday with my lovely friends - one of them, her parents owned a static caravan up in Whitley Bay (near Newcastle-upon-Tyne) and we all went up on the coach and stayed there for a week. It was a bit cold for us southern girls but we had a good time, we went to the beach and up a lighthouse and on the bus into town. Also that summer, Mum took me on a day trip to France that was organised by her work, and we went to St Omer.



2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
My to-do list for today was:
1. Make meal plan and shopping list, go to Tesco
2. Go to Costco (Mark's got the day off)
3. Go to the post office
4. Clean and tidy kitchen
5. Go to the garden centre for bedding plants and moth trap
6. Make dinner and clean up after
And I've done the first five things already. Hoorah! I'm quite tired now though so once I finished this I'm going to have a sit down and a cup of tea. And maybe a chocolate digestive.

3) Snacks I enjoy:
Chocolate digestives. Actually any biscuit that doesn't have dried fruit in it. Any cake, ditto. Apples, pears, grapes, carrots, crackerbread with cheese spread on, air-popped popcorn with or without butter, cereal.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I think what's easiest is 'things I wouldn't do if I were a billionaire'. Those would be cook, clean, tidy, wash up. Buy own-brand chocolate digestives (McVities all the way, baby!). Get up early in the morning.

5) Places I have lived:
Horsham, West Sussex
Manchester city centre
Rusholme, Manchester
Levenshulme, Manchester
Bedford, Bedfordshire
Flitwick, Bedfordshire

6) Jobs I have had:
Nothing very exciting. Various bits of temping while at university and just after. Then I got a proper job, working in the IT department of a telemarketing agency - it was just as much fun as it sounds. Then I left there a couple of years ago and now work for myself, doing web design and various computery bits.

7) Bloggers I am tagging who I will enjoy getting to know better:
I know it's a cop-out, but anyone who wants to! This means YOU (be sure and leave a comment so I know you did!).

4 comments:

  1. Gosh you must get up early if you have done all those things already! Have a nice weekend xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually typed that on Thursday evening. =) And I set it to post this morning all by itself. I need to write something for tomorrow now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking the other day it is 10 years since we did our GCSEs (and I still haven't left education yet! PhDs are overrated!). Scary thought really isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me missing my popcorn popper now. (How worrisome is it that I typed "pooper" at first?) Air popped corn just tastes so good, and I love the little chute it comes out of, all warm and tasty.

    It was fun getting a peek into your past!

    ReplyDelete