Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Summer and Sunshine

(I should point out that I write these blog posts at least a day in advance, and then they get automatically posted on the next day for which I need one. This means you get fresh bloggy goodness at 8am every morning, which otherwise would be impossible)

The weather has been glorious here today and yesterday - really sunny and warm. This is my favourite time of the year, even though it means large amounts of sunscreen. I've been getting on with the rest of my gardening; mainly weeding and putting out bedding plants. My hanging basket is up, and I'm going to do some pots for the decking as well.

And I discovered something fun yesterday. Cats like to chew sweetcorn plants. I couldn't work out why the tops of some of the plants I put out were all raggedy, then yesterday while I was weeding I caught him in the act. The plants seem to be surviving, and he hasn't found the ones in the pots or the greenhouse, so we should be OK. I did do a quick search online to make sure they weren't poisonous for cats (although I'm not sure what I was going to do if they were), and apparently all cats do it.



Who, me?

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, kitty is so cute ... how can you be cross with him?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a very clever cat, he has found the coolest place xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete