Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Stash



That isn't quite all of it - the cream aran to make the other blanket is in the wardrobe upon which those boxes rest. And the yarn I'm currently knitting a cardigan out of is downstairs, where I do my knitting. But that is, essentially, it. There's also some fabric and sewing bits and pieces in that wardrobe.

The reason it's all looking so tidy is that I got a great big bag of yarn from a lovely lady on Freecycle, and it prompted a big sorting-out session. In the end I kept only a few balls of the new-to-me yarn, and got rid of about the same amount of my yarn that I didn't want to keep. Also some that Mum gave me when I was learning to crochet that I'm going to give back. I told my friend Sarah she could have the big bag of yarn I'm now getting rid of, then I accidentally mentioned it to my mother, so now I'm going to have to split it into two.

It's lovely having everything so tidy, though, and knowing that I only have things that I've decided to keep. Some of it I have plans for, some of it not. If only there were a few more hours in the day so I could actually make all the things I'm dreaming of.

3 comments:

  1. Well done - I keep meaning to sort out all the yarn and fabric in my flat, but I can't bring myself to get rid of any yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind if Sarah has it! If she doesn't want the dark colours or not so nice ones give them to me and they can go to sis for charity hats and things xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete