Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Circular Needles: Not Just For Round Things

But also for wide things.



That's the sides and front of the Kelso cardigan (it's knit in one piece), all on one straight needle. Bit of a pain to be honest but I already had to buy DPNs for the sleeves, I'm too cheap to buy a circular for the body as well. Also pictured, my very clever yarn holder, that I made with a great amount of time and effort (I cut the corner off the lid of an old Persil tub, and put some tape over the cut edge). It works really well. I wish the base was a bit wider though because it tends to fall over.

Here's a sleeve, waiting for the body to catch up:



There's another one as well but it looks the same so I didn't bother photographing it. I need to crack on with this because the lovely spring weather is here, the sort of weather that calls for lacy cardigans, and I want to make the most of it. Although since this cardigan calls for aran yarn, I might actually finish it, unlike the 4-ply cardigan I tried to make last spring. I ripped that back when I was sorting out my wool the other week. Not sure what I'll do with that yarn; maybe baby cardigans? But a grown-up size cardigan in 4-ply just isn't going to happen!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the sleeve waiting for the body to catch up
    xxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete