Monday, 15 June 2009

Further received gift-ery

The other piece of present-knitting has reached its destination, and the recipient has very kindly taken a photo of it for me to share with you (I lose at photographing things before I post them).



This is My So-Called Scarf (Ravelry Link). I used some Red Heart SuperSaver in Blueberry Pie, that was sent to me by an American friend a year or two ago. It's the same yarn that I knitted up into a pinwheel blanket last year, but I ended up undoing it and winding the yarn back up into a ball to wait for another project. I still have nearly half of it left, I think. The repeats of the colours worked really well with this pattern; there's a small amount of pooling, which is nice, but not too much, which might not be. Wish I could remember how many stitches I cast on. But the chunky wool and big needles (8mm I think) mean that this was a nice quick knit, especially once the pattern was memorised (after about two rows).

No comments:

Post a Comment