(Pip is the new baby's inside name)
So here's my new big project (other than the baby, of course) - a lovely blanket for said baby. I think the blanket I made for Laura is one of the nicest things I've ever made, so it was a bit of challenge to find another pattern that I liked as much. I contemplated designing my own, but I don't think I'm really good enough, and it's such a big project that I want something I know will 'work' from the start.
So I spent some time on Ravelry and finally chose the Twining Vine Afghan (Ravelry link). The pattern is for an adult-sized blanket, so I'm going to work significantly fewer repeats, in order to hopefully end up with a cot-sized blanket.
I bought the wool last week - Wendy Mode DK, same as before. I loved this wool for Laura's blanket. It's 50% merino which makes it soft and warm and cosy, and 50% acrylic which makes it washable and hard-wearing. It also has lovely stitch definition and is very reasonably priced. Not sure what else I could want, really! And now I have just a bit less than six months. Which will be fine, though it depends on how distracted I get. :)