Friday, 24 December 2010

Happy Christmas!

Did I show you this last year?



It's Laura's Christmas stocking! I forgot to put anything in the photo for scale, but it isn't hugely big - maybe about eight inches by ten (but maybe not, I'm not very good at estimating sizes).

And this year of course Emily needed one too:




They're both made in the same way - I cut out the coloured fabric and appliqued on the design and the name, then sewed it into a bag, sewed another bag sliiiightly smaller out of white fabric, and sewed that inside the coloured one. I can't explain exactly how I made the drawstring work so I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader. But it wasn't too difficult.

I made the letters by printing them out the size I wanted, and using that as a template. The designs I did freehand but they're quite simple shapes.

And now both stockings are ready and waiting for Father Christmas, along with a mince pie for him and a carrot for the reindeer! Growing up we always used to leave a glass of sherry as well, but we don't have any, so he'll have to manage without at our house. Sorry Father Christmas!

So I wish you all a very happy Christmas with your families. Have a good one!

Anna x

1 comment:

  1. Happy Christmas and big kisses for Laura and Emily xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete