Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Things I Didn't Do In December

I didn't make the lovely winter birds sewing kit that I got for my birthday.

I didn't make any crochet snowflakes for my Christmas tree (when I first saw that pattern I thought 'I could make loads and put one in with every Christmas card!!' but fortunately a few seconds later I realised that was COMPLETELY MAD).

I didn't make my own Yule Log.

But I DID make myself a beautiful, warm, snuggly cowl.



The pattern is of course Pretty Thing by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and I love it. Fun to make, beautiful to look at, and warm and cosy to wear. I don't like the extra bulk of scarves and I don't like having to faff with them to keep them snug, so this cowl is perfect. I used Debbie Bliss Rialto 4-ply - a bit dearer than I would normally buy, but I had some birthday money so I thought I'd treat myself a bit and I'm glad I did. It's soft and warm and lovely. Now I just need matching gloves. And maybe a hat.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh that is lovely xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete