Thursday, 3 February 2011

Emily's blanket

I just realised the other day that I never showed you Emily's baby blanket! Which I did actually finish on time - in fact, early, which was just as well because Emily was a couple of weeks early too.

And here it is!



The pattern is the Twining Vine Strip-Knitted Afghan by Sivia Harding. The pattern makes a full bed-sized blanket, but I didn't make one of the strips (there should be four) and only did eleven repeats (there should be....I forget, more than that) to make a baby-sized one.



I used Wendy Mode DK, the same as I used for Laura's blanket, and again it was a good choice. It's warm and snuggly, easy to knit with, has good stitch definition and machine-washes beautifully.

Next week: hopefully I can share my shop news with you! Very excited about that.

4 comments:

  1. That is so so so so beautiful! I can't believe someone could MAKE such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how beautiful! It is stunning, I so wouldn't have the patience to knit something like this!

    ReplyDelete