Thursday, 12 May 2011

Ta da! I finally finished my book!

Here it is!

Brilliant Basics: Knitting Patterns for Lati Yellow and Pukifee

Book Cover

It costs £6 on Ravelry: (you don't have to be a Ravelry member)

Or $9.50 on Etsy: Brilliant Basics: Knitting Patterns for Lati Yellow and Pukifee

The focus of the book is on making a complete basic wardrobe for your doll. The patterns included are:
- t-shirt
- sweater and cardigan
- pixie dress
- pleated skirt
- socks and underwear
- leggings
- shoulder bag
- hat and scarf

All the patterns use 2mm needles and 2-ply/laceweight yarn.

And of course the beauty of making these things yourself is you can customise them however you want - use any colour or combination thereof, add buttons and ribbons and sparkles, change sleeve lengths and leg lengths and skirt lengths - to make completely unique items. If you do make some things, please do send me a picture or add them to Ravelry, I would love love love to see what people make with these patterns!

And of course I'm not finished with doll knitting patterns yet....I have plenty more ideas! I'm thinking a summer book, and a winter one, and maybe some costumes, and plenty of hats, and lots more things!

But for now I'm going to put down my needles and do something completely different. When I post again in a couple of days you'll see that I do know how to do something other than miniature knitting, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment