Monday, 12 September 2011

Autumn again

Where did summer go? I don't know.

Laura started pre-school today. She seems to have taken it completely in her stride, no worries, I'm not sure I can say the same for me! She returned with two paintings and a cut-out dinosaur with rice glued onto it. It was very odd to just have Emily at home, but nice to be able to give her some dedicated attention for once.

But the main big going-on here is that work has finally started on our new house extension! We've been planning it for about a year, but the start was delayed by my husband's unemployment. Now he's back in work we can press on. So far we have foundations and some blockwork, more work on the floor this week and then the walls can start going up properly. Very exciting! We'll gain a much bigger kitchen and dining room, and we'll lose the boxroom but have two new bedrooms for the girls.

And in crafty news, I finished my Hallowe'en book a little bit ago. I'll do a proper separate post about it soon, but for the moment, it is available in my Etsy shop or through my beep beep miniatures website if you're interested.

1 comment: