Saturday, 12 November 2011

It'll be lovely when it's finished

Up until about last week, the building of the new extension was mainly something that was happening in the garden. But now the walls are up, the roof is on, the windows are going in, and the walls inside the house are coming down.

The back wall upstairs has now gone, and now the girls' bedrooms are rather open plan:



The downstairs is worse, the kitchen and dining room have been knocked together and through into the new extension. Everything in the entire house is dusty. Fortunately I have lovely in-laws who live nearby and are happy for us to turn up whenever we need to hide out from all the dust and noise! I have been taking my crochet so I can work on Emily's blanket while she sleeps and Laura climbs all over Grandad. That's pretty much the only crafting I've been getting done, though, as everything is packed away and there's barely enough room in the usable parts of the house for eating, sleeping and keeping two small children out of trouble. I'm trying to write my winter BJD book, and there's a cardigan I want to make for Laura, and I want to get my sketchbook out, but at the end of the day I'm tired and stressed and I can't find anything.

But it'll be lovely when it's finished.

1 comment:

  1. Wow how very modern and open plan ;) It'll be all worth it when it's finished - it's such and upheaval though I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete