Monday, 20 February 2012

12 things

My big sister Jen tagged me in a meme thingy so here goes! It's a bit of a long one this time. Here's what I have to do.

1) You must post the rules
2) Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
3) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the fellow bloggers you plan to tag
4) Tag 12 people and link to them on your blog
5) Let them know you tagged them

So here goes.

1) Done!

2) Twelve fun facts about myself:

1. I've never been to Scotland or Ireland
2. I'm approximately 5/32nds Welsh
3. My degree is in Computing Science and I worked in IT before having babies
4. I eat M&Ms in pairs by colour
5. I'd rather be too hot than too cold
6. My favourite Disney film is The Lion King. I saw it on the IMAX in Manchester about ten years ago and it was amazing. The West End show is fantastic too
7. My index fingers bend in towards my middle fingers
8. I'm short-sighted and wear lenses, I hate wearing glasses
9. I wouldn't call myself superstitious but I don't like the number 13, it's completely irrational but it makes me uneasy! So stupid
10. I love strategy-based computer games, things like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Railroad Tycoon, Theme Hospital, Sims 1/2/3
11. My new cloakroom is painted pink
12. I have a toddler sitting on my lap nicking things off my desk. She gets away with this because she keeps leaning into my chest and going 'aaaah' and it's adorable

3) My answers to Jennifer's questions:

1) What is the opening line to your favourite novel?
'There was no possiblity of taking a walk that day.' Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2) Which film makes you cry?
Lilo & Stitch
3) Twitter or Facebook?
Facebook, some Twitter. Bit of both
4) Do you hoover under the sofa?
No
5) If you were to come back as an animal, what would it be?
Something that sleeps a lot. A cat maybe
6) If you had to move to another country, where would you go?
Canada
7) Marmite - love it or hate it?
Love it!
8) Disney or Dreamworks?
Disney
9) What is your favourite holiday destination?
Disneyworld in Florida
10) What is your earliest memory?
Playing Duplo with my mum, or maybe walking Jen to school, sitting on the seat on top of the pram which contained our baby brother
11) Would you wear your pajamas to the supermarket?
The very thought makes me shudder. So no
12) What would you say to your 16 year old self?
Not a lot really; by 16 I was pretty much OK. I have some things that I'd say to my 13-year-old self. If I could send a message back in time I'd probably just say 'by 30 you'll be married with two children' because we had some fertility issues that caused a lot of grief at the time, it would have been very nice back then to know that it would all work out in the end.

I can't think of people to tag! I always have this problem, don't want to bother people. So I'm going to chicken out. So I won't write any new questions (so lazy). Sorry Jen! But I hope you liked my answers. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part! I have been closely examining my fingers and they bend inwards too, I thought that was normal! I'm glad to see that no-one else hoovers under their sofa either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the M&Ms in pairs by colors too. Everyone thinks I'm weird. I'm glad I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete