Monday, 27 February 2012

Recipe: Crunchy Munchy Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds



I had some sweetened, roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds and they were so yummy I thought I'd see if I could make them myself. I looked online for inspiration and after trying a few things, this is what I ended up with.

They are very munchy and more-ish, and approved by 100% of three-year-olds (that live in this house).

1/4 cup sugar
1 tbspn butter
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds

Melt the butter and sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the seeds and stir well. Keep cooking for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the seeds are all lovely and toasted and golden brown. Pour out onto a sheet of tin foil and leave to cool. Try not to eat all at once.

(this is also very yummy with desiccated coconut instead of the pumpkin seeds)

1 comment:

  1. Having tried this I can vouch that it is delicious! I don't normally like coconut but I found this version yummy too.

    ReplyDelete