Friday, 2 March 2012

My tea set

My grandma had a pretty tea set that I'd seen in her cupboards and always liked. It wasn't too fancy but had a really lovely pattern of blue and pink flowers. When she died when I was 20, and my parents were sorting out her things, I remembered the tea set and asked my mum if I could have it. She told me that she was very sorry but that one had already gone to the charity shop.

When I was 23 I got married and the husband and I bought this house. Since I now had a loft to call my own, every time my parents came to visit they brought with them a box of my belongings from their own loft. And one time they turned up with this box.



Yay!



Isn't that pretty? It's been in our loft for a few years because we didn't have anywhere to put a pretty tea set. But now, in the new big kitchen (which the husband is tiling behind me as I type, love him), we have a dresser (the in-laws were getting rid of theirs so yay free dresser!), and I can get out my tea set and admire its prettiness whenever I want.



Now I just need to have a tea party. With no more than four guests.

3 comments:

  1. Do you mean that it didn't go to the charity shop after all, is that the one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is the one Mum! I don't know if we were thinking of different things or you got confused. But you had found the one I wanted and put it aside for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really pretty teaset, and nice that you are now able to have it out on display :)

    ReplyDelete