Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Review: Mike the Knight DVD

Laura, like I suspect most three-year-olds, goes through phases of love-love-loving a particular toy or book or TV programme. At the moment it's Mike the Knight, so I was very glad to be sent a DVD so we wouldn't have to depend on the iPlayer when she decides she needs to watch it.

Mike the Knight is a trainee knight. He lives in a castle with his mum, the Queen, and his sister Evie, who is a wizard (naturally). He has a horse called Galahad and two dragon friends. As these things go I quite like it, the emphasis is on Doing The Right Thing and helping others which is fine by me.


It's time to be a knight and do it right!
(I don't know why the Peppa Pig hat became her knight helmet, but it is)
(do you like my new green tiles? I LOVE my new green tiles)

The DVD has five ten-minute episodes, each with a little introductory song about one of the characters. There's also a longer song in the bonus features. So about an hour of content, which is probably as much as you want in one go! Especially if you aren't three.

(Disclaimer: I was sent a free copy of the DVD for this review)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely review, and I like the tiles too! We've not watched Mike the Knight but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great show, great hat and great tiles!

    ReplyDelete