Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Designing patterns

I'm still working on my Arundel gloves. Two more fingers and a thumb to go and the wool is holding out so far. I'm trying not to think about whether it will be enough or not, if it is then it is, if not then I'll unravel the swatches. Simple. No worries.

I bought some yarn at Hobbycraft a week or so ago, to knit a cardigan for Emily. She only has one cardigan and she's not a very neat eater so it spends a lot of time in the wash. Laura was with me when I bought the yarn and she thinks she (Laura) needs a cardigan, even though she has two, and two jumpers. So I will knit Emily's first but I can see myself making one for Laura too before the summer is out.

I designed a cardigan for Laura last year (she's wearing it in the last photo on this post) but it didn't turn out quite how I wanted and the fit wasn't quite right so I got annoyed and didn't do anything else with the pattern. I'm a bit more experienced at pattern designing now so I think I can make it work. That is what I shall knit for Emily, once I've spent some time sorting it out. It's a really pretty cardigan in my head, so I hope I can live up to my own expectations this time!

1 comment:

  1. I've got two fingers and a thumb crossed that you will have enough yarn!

    ReplyDelete