Monday, 17 September 2012

Goodwood Blanket

So I finally finished the blanket I was making for the Simply Knitting Knit for Refuge campaign!



It's made of 48 6"/15cm garter stitch squares, with a plain crochet border. It's child-sized, and I tried to make a pattern that was suitable for a boy or a girl. I've called it Goodwood because it reminds me of a racecourse.



This blanket is going with me to the Knitting & Stitching Show at the Alexandra Palace in October, so I can hand it over at the Simply Knitting stall there. But I thought I'd share the pattern in case anyone else liked it and wanted to make it, either for Refuge or for themselves.

The pattern is fairly simple, a combination of plain garter stitch squares, striped garter stitch squares, and mitred squares for the corners. The border is one row of double crochet (US: single crochet) but this could be left off if desired.



The pattern is available for free on Ravelry, but if you like it, please consider making a donation to Refuge.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this lovely pattern! I have made a donation and downloaded the teddy pattern - hoping to get one knitted in time to take to the Knitting show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mum! I've made a teddy too, will put that on the blog another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna! Thank you so much for entering your beautiful blanket into the monthly challenge - its sensational!!! I am still quite new on Ravelry but am so excited about all the pattern and project sharing. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woops, made this comment under an old account. Just in case I do this again (yes, I am technologically challenged, its Mary-Anne from Woolhogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Maryanne! I found your blog yesterday so I just had to link up. Ravelry is brilliant, add me on there if you like, I'm beepbeepdesigns. x

    ReplyDelete