Monday, 3 September 2012

Happy New Year

It's a bit surprising to pull up the Blogger page and find out that I totally skipped August! I certainly didn't intend to do that but I have tried to pull away from the computer a bit during the holidays. The husband had some time off work during August so we've been mainly playing at home, with occasional day trips and visits from friends. But now the summer is drawing to a close - Laura starts school full-time on Wednesday (having turned four last Tuesday) - and I want to get back into my blogging and pattern-writing.

I've called this post 'Happy New Year' because, especially with an other half who works in education, September always feels more like the new year to me than January does. Now that Laura's in school I should imagine that feeling will only get stronger. Time to think about plans and goals, and to make new routines.

I've done a fair amount of knitting over the summer, a lot of it for charity. I've made a bear and 90% (so far!) of a blanket for the Simply Knitting Refuge campaign. When the blanket is finished, I plan to share the pattern as a free Ravelry download. I've also been making tiny hats for Felicity the Pukifee and working on glove and shawl patterns to release this autumn. And finally, I've been thinking about an ebook of patterns for gifts to make using sock/4-ply/fingering weight yarn. More details of all of these to come as I catch up with my blogging and settle down into the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment