Monday, 24 September 2012

Rainy Days

A rainy Sunday afternoon is just the time to make chocolate fairy cakes with your little helper:



We've accumulated quite a few pots of different kinds of sprinkles and Laura always insists on using them all.

Also to show off on this rainy Monday morning is the bear that I knitted for the Simply Knitting Refuge campaign (just like Goodwood). She's coming with us to the Knitting & Stitching Show to be handed over.



I'm now making a jumper for Laura, from a Rowan pattern that is free on their website. Finished the back so far, and started on the front. I will try and remember to take some photos and I will share them next time. And also of Laura's new bobble hat, her winter hat from last year having got a bit small. Children that keep growing certainly keep you knitting.

I'm linking up this week with Handmade Monday for the first time, over at Handmade Harbour. Lots of lovely blogs are linked up so why not join in!

10 comments:

  1. Oh I do love your bear. She has such a sweet face and a really cute dress. Rainy Sundays were made for chocolate cake, weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy! It's been a while since I knitted any toys but I can see I need to make more, not least because Laura thought the bear was for her and then pouted when I explained it was for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cup cakes look yummy and the bear so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bear and the cupcakes look delicious. Daisy is the same with sprinkles - use all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute bear. I can't resist those cupcakes I'm gonna have to go bake my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My do the same - go through every one although the cakes are usually drowning in them! The bear is gorgeous. Someone will be very pleased with him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bear's fabulous!And the cakes are so scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww your little bear is so cute!!!

    those cupcakes look delicious too :) x

    ReplyDelete