Monday, 22 October 2012

Linen Stitch Scarf

So I have started a new knitting project, but it doesn't use any of my new yarn! That is still being looked at and swatched and pondered over. In the meantime, I've started a linen stitch scarf using the contents of my 4-ply and sock yarn stash box.

I love linen stitch; it's time-consuming and grows slowly but it makes such a lovely fabric. And I love how you can take a big pile of yarn in all different colours, like this:



And end up with all the colours mixed beautifully:



This will keep my fingers busy while I'm thinking about all the lovely things I could make from my new yarn! And it's easy to pick up when I have a few minutes.

Linking up with Handmade Monday again, go and take a look at all the lovely blogs!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, that's very pretty. Look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried linen stitch but I'm inspired - this is goregous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's going to make a gorgeous scarf! I love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love linen stitch but have never tried it. What a good idea to use up lots of part balls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fancy trying linen stitch too. Love the mix of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so clever!
    Lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to say that I have never come across linen stitch before but I am loving the effect it gives. Off to look it up right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everybody! It is not a complicated stitch to do, basically knit one, slip one with yarn in front, and repeat to the end. Here is a Ravelry link to a similar scarf: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mini-mania-scarf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! This looks interesting can't wait to see a bit more. Not sure what linen stitch looks like so it will be a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your knitting looks really pretty. I would imagine using so many colours gets a little fiddly. I'd love to see more as it grows. Have a lovely week.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous! I love the way the long color repeats play off each other with this stitch. Can't wait to see it finished. :)

    ReplyDelete