Monday, 29 October 2012

More spinning

I made some yarn! Proper yarn. Don't look at it too closely and it looks fairly impressive, I think. I even managed to twist it up pretty neatly.



Towards the end of spinning this yarn I was starting to feel like I had the knack of it, it would go wonderfully for a bit, then I'd stuff it up, then I'd have another while of it going beautifully, then it'd go too thin and break and the spindle would go flying across the living room and startle the cat. But I think I'm ready to start the pretty roving I bought in London now.

Joining in with Handmade Monday again, do go and take a look!

7 comments:

  1. Very impressive and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colours, well done.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really impressive to me - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. The colours you have used are lovely. I bet that there are not many who could do this so don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna

    I LOVE your yarn, you are my new hero!!!

    Thanks too for entering the Made It!

    Love Maryanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spun yarn looks beautiful, and the uneven nature of it just adds to the homespun character!

    ReplyDelete