Monday, 12 November 2012

Baking time

A little bit ago my sister Jen posted this cookie recipe on her blog. I had most of the ingredients so I bought some Smarties and gave it a go.



Yum yum!

This recipe makes delicious cookies, lovely and chewy in the middle. I've tried a few more variations since then. I replaced a bit of the flour with cocoa and added some peppermint essence and dark chocolate - that was OK, but using mint-flavoured chocolate would have been easier and more effective. I put some bits of bonfire toffee in with the plain mixture and the toffee melted and make the whole cookie chewy and toffee-flavoured, will definitely do that one again! And peanut M&Ms are a good addition although they were a bit big and chunky for the cookies, I might bash them up a bit next time.

Linking up with Handmade Monday again, lots of lovely blogs there as always!

9 comments:

  1. I agree this is the best cookie recipe ever. I made some with chocolate drops in yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you liked the recipe, it's great isn't it! I've made all sorts of variations. Crunchie works well because the crumbly bits mix into the dough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a recipe that I make with my boys. I have not done any experimenting - may have to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look yummy (love the sound of the toffee version). I need to experiment with gluten free flour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!!! You have a very nice blog!!! I invite you that you visit my and / or you it follow

    www.latortugapecosa.blogspot.com

    Regards and ... congratulation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, that's not fair. I'm starving and waiting for my dinner (takeaway i'm ashamed to admit!) to arrive

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just can't beat homemade cookies. They do look yummy. I had a couple of homemade apple and oatmeal cookies today.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM cookies are very popular in our house so I'll be giving this a try.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete