Friday, 16 November 2012

Salt Dough Christmas Decorations

Laura was at home yesterday as her school was a polling station and I was surprised to find that having both girls here meant less intervention from me, not more - they played together so nicely! And for so long! I got lots of work done.

I did have one activity planned though. In the morning I made up some salt dough (half a cup of salt, half a cup of water, a cup of flour) and the girls rolled it out and cut out shapes. Over lunchtime I dried them out in the oven, then the girls painted them. An hour or two later and it was time for glitter glue and sequins. Now I just need to put some yarn loops on them and they are ready for the Christmas tree!



2 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! Come and link them up at the tree decoration post on my blog to join the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely. I remember doing them when my eldest boy was young, but I haven't tried them in a long time. Will try your recipe, thank you.

    ReplyDelete