Friday, 30 November 2012

WIP Friday: Emily's Blanket

Do you remember the crochet blanket I was making for Emily's eventual bed? I'm afraid to say it still looks pretty much the same as it did back when I first talked about it.



I love the squares I've done so far and I think it looks brilliant but I got onto other things and this got put to one side.

I don't like having projects hanging about. UFOs stress me out. This blanket was in its bag, then I put the yarn away upstairs and the blanket-part was lying on the back of the sofa, where it does look lovely, but every time I saw it I'd think about how much work there was left to do on it. So I'm weighing up my options on what to do with it.

Option 1: Finish it. The problem is I don't know if this will ever happen. More likely it will hang around for years, making me feel guilty and stressed because it's another thing I need to do.

Option 2: Square it off (or oblong it off) with a few more smaller squares and use it as a decorative piece for the sofa. Pretty but I'd like it to be functional.

Option 3: Make it a bit wider - another big-square wider or so - and it can be a bed runner. Again, would look nice but not very useful and would get thrown on the floor a lot I think.

Option 4: Square/oblong it off, then make it a bit larger with a wide border or two, and it can be a sofa blanket. I have a crochet sofa blanket, but it keeps disappearing.

Writing it all out like that has helped me see what I want to do. Option 4 it is. Time to think about borders.

1 comment:

  1. I'd have gone for 4 too, not that I can crochet! Don't forget to show us when you're done :D

    ReplyDelete