Wednesday, 16 January 2013

A Happy Thought for 2013

A lot of bloggers, and presumably a lot of people who aren't bloggers, like to choose a word for a year instead of making resolutions. I was having a think about this, and what word I would choose, and I couldn't think of one. Then last night I was reading to Laura from a book of poems (A Child's Garden of Verse by Robert Louis Stevenson - the copy we have actually belongs to my dad, I wonder if he knows we have it) and I came across this.

A Happy Thought

The world is so full of a number of things
I'm sure we should all be as happy as Kings.

So I don't have a word for 2013, I have a poem. One that makes me smile whenever I think of it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete