Monday, 2 September 2013

September

So in July Emily turned three:



And then a few days ago, Laura turned five:



And on Wednesday, I shall be dropping Laura at school and then taking Emily into the adjoining pre-school, and then walking home by myself. (!)

Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do with myself, during those nine hours (three mornings) a week that both girls are off my hands. On Wednesday I'm afraid the boring answer is that I'm going to go to the supermarket. But anyone with small children knows that doing that all by myself is, in fact, a bit of a treat! And hopefully once all the shopping is put away I will have time for a cup of tea before walking a mile back up the road to retrieve daughter number two.

We've had a lovely summer - I'm definitely a summer person and for once the weather has obliged, with lots of sunny days to spend at the park or in the garden. Being at home every day with two little ones full-time is pretty tiring though and I'm ready for the holidays to be over. But this may just be because I've forgotten what it's like getting everyone out the door and down the road in time for school!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaahhh! Love the photo of little one in her school uniform. She needs to grow a bit.

    ReplyDelete